Skip To Main Content

Menu Trigger Container

Navigation

Navigation

Header Logo

Trinity Valley School

Header Top

Landing-nav, don't delete

TVS History

Trinity Valley was founded in 1959, when George Bragg and Stephen Seleny realized they needed to provide the young men of the Texas Boys Choir with an opportunity to learn as well as rehearse. On a tour of Europe, Bragg and Seleny realized the signing of the Magna Carta and the crowning of Charlemagne meant nothing to the boys. In response, the two men founded a liberal arts school – the Texas Boys Choir School – in the third-floor kitchen and one tiny room of St. Ignatius Academy in Fort Worth. By 1962, enrollment had rapidly increased to 120 students in grades three through nine, necessitating a move to leased space in the old Laneri High School. As demand for admission increased, the need for a larger site became apparent; in 1969, the School moved to the 35-acre McCart Avenue campus with an enrollment of 185 boys. Two years later, Trinity Valley had grown to 284 students, including 40 girls. 

Bragg and Seleny's shared vision, nurtured by Founding Headmaster Stephen Seleny, has taken Trinity Valley School through six decades of reaching for the stars. What began with six boys and handful of teachers in 1959 is now a school of over 1,000 young learners. 

Today, Trinity Valley School is firmly established as an esteemed independent, college-preparatory school for children in pre-kindergarten through grade 12. TVS is located on a 75-acre campus at 7500 Dutch Branch Road in southwest Fort Worth.

Per Aspera ad Astra. 

TVS History: Heads of School

2024-present: Adam Wojtelwicz, Acting Head of School; Sandy McNutt, Special Assistant to the Board and Community & Faculty Liaison

2020-2024: Blair Lowry, Head of School

2016-2020: Ian L. Craig, Head of School

2015-2016: Donald C. North, Interim Head of School

2006-2015: Gary W. Krahn, Head of School

2001-2005: Bob Windham, Head of School

1999-2001: Gerald Kramer, Interim Headmaster, fall 1999 through spring 2001
Mr. Kramer served the School in a dual role as Interim Headmaster and Head of Lower School. From 2001 to 2007, he served as Head of Lower School/Associate Head of School.

1994-1999: Walter W. Kesler, second Head of School

1959-1994 - Stephen Seleny, the School's founding Headmaster