The Upper School curriculum is designed to leverage technology in ways that help each student develop a range of skills to evaluate and share information in ways that are clear, creative, and effective. Students have opportunities to take a wide range of Computer Science courses, and technology skills are woven into the academic curriculum.
Conversations about mindful, healthy use of technology; media literacy; and digital citizenship continue through our advisory program.
The Upper School Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) program is designed to help students develop the digital literacy and computer skills needed for their rapidly changing, complex, global, and technology-rich future. The School's BYOD model enables students to use the device with which they are most comfortable to enhance their learning.
The following specifications only apply to students who will be attending the Upper School for the first time during the 2022-2023 school year.
Please provide your child with one of the types of computing devices shown below. Other devices including iPads and Chromebooks do not meet our minimum specifications.
- Does the device need to be new?
- Is financial aid available for computer purchases?
- Are there any recommendations regarding what device to purchase?
- Should I purchase an extended warranty?
- What software do students need installed on their devices?
- Will devices be used in every class?
- What if a student's laptop needs to be repaired?
- What happens if a device is lost or stolen?
- Other questions?