Trojans Abroad Programs
Connecting students and faculty with cultures from around the world through transformational experiences abroad
In support of the TVS Mission of “the development of wide constructive interests” and “intelligent citizenship” and our Global Education global competency goals of Self-awareness, Empathy, Cross-cultural Communication, and Cross-cultural Understanding, each year we offer Trojans Abroad and TOE Beyond Programs.
Trojans Abroad Programs have combined Trinity Valley School’s emphasis on outdoor, international, and experiential education in Australia, Austria, the Bahamas, China, Costa Rica, England, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Italy, Peru, Spain, and other exciting destinations. As part of our Global Education and Trojan Outdoor Experience Programs, these opportunities connect our students and faculty with people around the world and increase their respect for themselves, each other, and the natural world.
- Join a 1:1 Exchange to host and be hosted in Australia & Scotland;
- Go "global" while staying domestic in Puerto Rico;
- Hike the Austrian, Italian, and German Alps;
- Practice your Chinese and Spanish while living with host families;
- Hone your acting skills at London's Globe Theatre;
- Expand your knowledge of biology while studying endangered species in Costa Rica;
- Travel to historic sites in Greece & Italy;
- Explore Costa Rica's rain forests and stay with local families;
- Experience the warmth and beauty of Eswatini (formerly, Swaziland);
- Find the leader within as you move out of your comfort zone and into new and transformative learning experiences with cultures from around the world!
- 1:1 Ambassador Exchanges in Australia & Scotland
- Australia: Current 9-11th graders; 4 students max; Host a student from our partner school approx. April 1-30 AND stay with the same student in Mackay, Queensland, Australia from about July 1-30; approx. travel costs: $2,300
- Scotland: Current 8th grade girls; 4-6 students max; Host a student from our partner school April 8-29 AND stay with the same student in Edinburgh, Scotland from about May 27 - June 17; approx. travel costs: $2,300
- Spain Language / Culture / Homestay
- Improve your Spanish while exploring southern Spain and living with a host family
- Based in Seville, you will also explore Grenada, Cordova, Italica, and Cadíz
- Visit historic sites centuries' old, learn to flamenco and cook Spanish cuisine, relax in a coffee shop, overcome your fear of speaking Spanish, and get out of your comfort zone in this remarkable part of Spain
- May 27 - June 12; 10-18 students; current 8-11th graders
- Approx. cost: $4999 for 10 students; $4500 for 18 students (includes airfare, insurance, formal language lessons, all excursions, hotels, most meals, etc).
- Austria TOE Beyond
- Hike the Austrian alps and put your physical and leadership skills to the test
- Experience the beauty of Austria
- About 10 days in July
- Contact Mr. Amos for more details
To APPLY FOR A 2023 TRAVEL PROGRAM, CLICK HERE (Due Nov 4).
To APPLY FOR FINANCIAL AID, CLICK HERE (Due Nov 2).
- 1:1 Ambassador Exchanges in Australia & Scotland (see above descriptions; these are annual)
- Peru or Morocco (email Dr. Roemer to let him know your preference)
- Japan (War, Peace, & so much more--Led by Dr. Roemer)
Use these links for more details about travel abroad for students: