Much Ado About Shakespeare!
THREE-WEEK SUMMER INTENSIVE
This workshop is for those who enjoy learning on their feet; be it galloping, dancing, swordplay, or just moving to the rhythms of Shakespeare’s words. Our “lively action” comes directly from Shakespeare’s Globe in London. Our guest artist instructors come from theaters and universities throughout the United States, creating connections that no other program in the Metroplex can boast!
Our three-week intensive is designed for those who possess an openness to engage in Shakespeare’s texts intellectually, imaginatively, physically, vocally, and emotionally. We strive to enchant, enrich, and build community through the shared knowledge of Shakespeare and his timeless stories.
You will be engaged in:
- Shakespeare’s scenes and monologues directed by our guest artists
- Improvisation-specific games to develop the imagination
- Acting for the stage
- Stage combat
- Mask making & body work
- Set & Properties – design and construction
- Costuming and make-up
- An adjudication board made up of professionals in the industry
- All students participate in this year’s production of Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet.